BARLEY - MAGIC POTION

Tuesday, March 07, 2017




Assalam u alaikum 

Today I want to share a very beneficial information with you guys. Although it is a long post but you will thank me later :). This is specially for a lot of people out there suffering from stress/depression/anxiety and general weakness. This particular food remedy is equally beneficial for general weakness in kids and grown ups and helps them perform well mentally and physically. So, come on you guyz!


Recently I was looking for some natural/herbal remedy for stress and anxiety and I came across a few beautiful ahaadeeth about barley and a dish "Talbinah (porridge)" that is made of coarsely grounded barley grains. Some people make this dish with dry roasted barley powder that is locally called "SATTU". Following are some important narrations I've found about barley Talbineh;


 A'ishah (radi allahu anhu) would say (to the women),"Eat of it, for I heard Allah's Apostle (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) saying, 'The Talbina soothes the heart of the patient and relieves him from some of his sadness.' "

Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 7, Book 65, Number 328

And also;

It was narrated from A'ishah (radhi Allahu anha) that “You should eat the beneficial thing that is unpleasant to eat: Talbinah,” meaning broth. If any member of the family of the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) was sick, the cooking pot would remain on the fire until one of two things happened, either the person recovered or died.
Sunan Ibn Majah  Book 31, Hadith 3572. Classed as Hasan by Darussalam.


So, I decided to try it for at least 40 days as suggested by elders. I started making Talbinah daily for breakfast and my kids loved it and so did my husband. I noticed upon asking that they don't get hunger pangs before snack/lunch time anymore and this porridge is keeping them full a little longer and gives them instant energy. Also their digestive system stopped complaining because of the major cut in white bread and processed cereals. And believe me even after a few days there are major changes in my husband's mood and I am also feeling great. This barley soup/porridge is very helpful in weight loss (Ladies point 😀). 

Seeing all above benefits I thought I should share it with a few people so that they will also get these benefits. So, friends I am putting together the recipe of Talbinah below for you guys to enjoy and remember me in your prayers. 

Here goes;

Recipe (Time: 45-55 min)

1. Take half cup of coarsely grounded barley and dry roast it for a few minutes and then rinse under running water. 

2. Pour 2 cups of water in the washed barley and cook it on low flame until it gets thick and grains become tender (don't forget to stir every now and then).

3. Pour 2 cups of milk in the porridge and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more(stir stir).

4. When it becomes creamy like kheer, turn off the flame. Its ready. sweeten it with honey or brown sugar.

5. Kindly do not put white sugar as it will spoil the nutrients. It is best taken with honey. 

Jazak'Allah 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please try to be modest in your word choice.....

Instagram

Like us on Facebook